Saturday, August 29, 2009

Next week extended

Now that Summer Reading is over and summer itself draws to a close, I have had more time to explore social sites like Facebook which is so much in the news lately. After "joining" I noticed that my friends' photos were a big draw and I sign on just to see what was up on the site in these photos.
This pointed out to me that although the web has been a big stimulus to writing, it also very much has the "look-see" effect that draws us into television watching. Makes me want the library's website to have an upgrade visually although I love all the information packed in there---I want first time users to say, "Wow that's great! I want to see more of this..." while they hear my brief "how to use the catalog" spiel while we use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment