Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Change, change, change

Week #19's assignment is to explore award winning social sites and blog the experience. Because I went to a Bethesda restaurant last night and have an upcoming event in Chicago, I decided to explore the Citysearch tool and compare the web results for the suburban area of Bethesda on the east coast and the urban area of Chicago in the midwest.

I found the site fairly intuitive and easy to use with lots of short reviews and well displayed essential information on a wide variety of restaurants and hotels in both places, although the suburban area seemed to have more chain establishments listed than the city did. I liked the sort by menu's options and useful arrangments as a result, especially for the city because of the large number of establishments involved. I thought the information was good on detail, including such facts as: at the Belden-Stratford Hotel in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago, they welcome your cat (just bring a $500 refundable deposit, too).

I'll explore more of these sites as there are sure to be others I could use as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment