Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Summarizing our journey

Here I am at the end...What was my favorite discovery? How different everyone's approach was to this course. And how lightly I began to approach the fun elements of exploration.

How has this affected my lifetime learning goals? I want more monitored courses and less participatory like myself---so I learn from someone who knows more than me! I'd love to have been mentored with this.

What surprised me? How easy it was to make an avatar and how "uncreative" I felt doing it. I guess role playing is just not that interesting to me. I like myself in the here and now.

What could be done differently? Make it easier to keep track of all the accounts and passwords somehow...I realize that would be a challenge. Maybe introduce Google docs earlier to get participants to learn and keep track of all these accounts and passwords at the same time.

Would I participate again? Probably. It seems social networking is here to stay and some of it is clearly fun and useful.

How do I describe this? Like anything you first try, the immediate outcomes may not be what you are expecting, but looking back you will realize how much you learned. It changes your approach to your own work and to helping others with their's.

No comments:

Post a Comment